Why the Garden State will Survive and Thrive
1. Compared with the national 13.3 percent, What percent of New Jerseyians live below the poverty line? (Hint: only three states are lower.)
2. Percent of the Fortune 500 companies headquartered in New Jersey.
3. Port Newark/Elizabeth ranks ____ largest on the east coast and ____in the nation?
4. If The Port of Newark/Elizabeth were to donate its gross product to the $785 billion bailout, how long would it take for them to to pay it off?
5. New Jersey’s ranking in median household income is?
6. Median household income as of 2005?
7. Independent studies by Forbes and By Ernst & Young rated New Jersey as the _____ best state for business, and the _____ lowest business tax burden. (Hint: same national ranking for each.)
8. New Jersey’s national ranking of Ph.D.’s per 1000 is?
9. New Jersey is home to what percent of the nation’s total research and development investments?
10. New Jersey, with an 84.5 high school graduation rate, ranks what in the nation?
3. First and Third
4. 9 months
(Fact sources may be found in the Governor's Economic Growth Strategy Report.